THERE WAS A ME


THERE WAS A ME


There was a me, of uncooked world and underdone mind
            Living on smiles and adorable look
They whisper blissful whizz to me, dragonflies on gentle wind
 I slept outside my home, even licked the feet of ghosts who came off the brook.

 Comes puberty season, many coats torn apart
            As germination of hormones root deep
Desires sprout greenish branches, now, omnivorous for pest, they bleep,
I heard of horrific drums, and echoes of the dead, all in my heart.

See what I have become, man who sleeps with one eye wandering
             Buying some time with liquors, to scam off foul deeds
Spending a year earns, to buy a daily smile, that go off thundering
I’m ripping hell and back, my sowed seeds.

Now, life stings, transfusing barrels of strife,
            But, there was a me, who once admired and cherished life

Comments

Popular Posts