VALENTINE



My pen sheds its bloody ink
            And the tears from my eyes overflow the pillars of earth to sink,
Never allow a day pleasure to instigate my millennial fall,
For, my weaker flesh holds my stronger soul prostrate to the wall.


The depth of merriment and love devil shows there cannot be checkmate,
            You can never tell how many alcoholic bottles sold,
It is 14th of February, I whisper to my ghostly mate,
           Please! Tell my brothers, who never go to hell for gold.


I remember the condemned only; whenever this day of sweetness brighten
            When the desirous orb of men surface,
When the mortal fleshes run the marathon of eternal race
             And finish with sinful golden medal, righteously smitten.


I pray for you brothers in hell, in your moment of quarantine,
  I bring to you the hope of God’s forgiveness as a gift of Valentine.





Uche Chidozie Okorie













Comments

Popular Posts